Although the ponytail is a great go-to look, trying something new can spice up your do’ and give you a fresh take on your daily hairstyle. Go ahead and call me girlie, but I love braids! After some research on the fishtail, which every celebrity seems to have rocked this summer, I decided to write my own quick guide to creating a fun fishtail braid for any occasion.
Check out how quick and easy it is!
- Tip: This style may actually work better with slightly dirty hair so you do not need to add too much product to it in order to keep it together.
- To Start: Brush out your hair, tease it up at the crown a bit, then part it down the center, to your favorite side, or push it straight back
- Step 1: Separate your hair into two parts (one to the right and one to the left)
- Step 2: Grab 1/4-inch thick piece of hair from the outside of one section, cross it over to the center of the other section
- Step 3: Repeat step 2, switching sides, until all of the hair has been used
- Step 4: Secure with a clear elastic band
- Optional: Spray it a tad with a light hairspray (we love Living Proof’s Flexible hold hair spray)
Make it even more fun by adorning it, try: